North & Mid Devon
Fostering Supervision and Support Service
We are looking for a passionate and experienced individual to join us as a Supervising Social Worker in our Fostering Supervision and Support Service. This is a great opportunity to grow your social work career with an ambitious authority at a time of exciting change. We’ve embedded our restorative practice approach across our teams and have invested in training our all practitioners and managers to build and maintain positive relationships with our children and families / carers.
About the role
The service is responsible for the support, advice and supervision of foster carers to ensure safe and thriving placements, ensuring that these functions are undertaken with appropriate regard to National Minimum Standards for Fostering, Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011, and any other relevant legislation.
You will participate in unannounced visits, annual reviews and quality assurance. You will assist in the delivery of training to prospective and existing foster carers.
You will champion high standards of professional social work practice and have sound knowledge in fostering regulations and legal options available to children to be cared for by persons within their network.
You will have the following skillset;
- Be a qualified and SWE currently registered children’s social worker
- Satisfactorily completed your Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
- Robust post qualifying social work experience within children and families;
- Experience of supervising and supporting foster carers, with exceptional communication and relationship skills
- A sound knowledge of fostering regulations and legislation;
- Either: have some experience of working within Fostering and or demonstrate they have transferrable skills from another current or previous role;
- Exceptional time-management, recording and planning skills
- A willingness to work across the whole of the Fostering and Kinship Service depending on the requirements of both services.
What we can offer you
In recognition of the vital contribution you make, we offer an attractive package of benefits including:
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Social Work Academy with dedicated support from our Restorative Practice Leads, as well as Research in Practice membership and full access to Devon Children and Families Safeguarding training programme.
- Dedicated support with regular supervision from line management so you can critically reflect on your practice on a regular basis. Group supervisions are also offered, allowing you to learn from your colleagues and grow the strength of your social work practice together.
- 26 days paid annual leave per year, rising to 31 days with 5 years’ continuous service, plus bank holidays.
- Access to our confidential Devon Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme to support you to balance the demands of everyday life – available 24/7.
- Flexible working opportunities, including flexitime and a degree of remote working (subject to the needs of the role - please discuss at interview).
- Excellent Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Links to staff networks and forums such as our LGBTQ+, BAME and Staff Diversity support networks.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Devon Discounts Scheme which offers a variety of great savings.
- Free onsite parking available.
Click HERE to find out more about all our benefits.
Presence in the office is vital to embed positive relationships from the outset. This is complimented by our hybrid working model, whilst still delivering the best possible outcomes for children and young people.
Click HERE to hear from our workforce about working for us and why you should join our Children’s Services. Click HERE to find out what our children and young people want to see from our workforce. #TogetherWeCan
Please indicate which locality you prefer on your supporting statement.
To arrange an informal discussion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 1st October 2023
Please be aware that interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment as we may close the advert early.
Join us and make a difference in the lives of our children - click apply now!
Please click Apply Now to see the Job Description.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working -The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£35,411 - £39,493 per annum (pending the 2023/24 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required