ROVIC Support Practitioner (Ref.2915)
- Full Time
- £24,432 - £27,514 per annum
We are looking for a passionate and proactive individual to join our team and make a positive impact on the lives of the children/young people and families we work with.
This role creates an exciting opportunity to develop the skills and gain the appropriate qualification to support/work with and, complete assessments of children and young people presenting with visual, deafblind and/or dual sensory impairments.
You will be undertaking an active role in delivering assistance and support under the guidance of a rehabilitation officer for visually impaired children (ROVIC) in relation to Habilitation assessment and training programmes for children and young people with visual impairment, as well as working alongside a practitioner for Deafblind in relation to assessing needs of children and young people with deafblind/dual sensory impairment.
We provide ongoing personal development tailored to your specific training needs, and this post will involve undertaking university based/level of training in relation to Deafblind Studies toward attaining a Deafblind Assessor Qualification, enabling career progression within the service to a Practitioner for Deafblind/MSI post.
The role will be based in Exeter and will involve travel to other areas of the County enabling provision and delivery of high-quality Habilitation and Deafblind/Dual Sensory assessment / training and support.
We are looking for:
- Experience working with children
- Willingness to embrace learning and professional development
- Whilst previous experience is desired, we welcome applications from candidates looking to grow and develop their career path
What we can offer you
- We invest in training our staff to work restoratively with our children and families, embedding early developmental and Habilitation skills which permit confidence, inclusion, and independence to succeed.
In recognition of the vital contribution you make, we offer an attractive package of benefits including:
- Ongoing learning opportunities through professional progression and our digital learning platform
- 5 days paid annual leave per year (rising with length of service), plus bank holidays, rising to 33 with length of service
- Access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme to support you to balance the demands of everyday life – available 24/7
- Access to DCC pension scheme
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationDevon
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£24,432 - £27,514 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required