Location: Westbank, Exminster and working from home
This post is on a fixed term contract until April 2023.
Westbank is an award-winning registered charity established in 1986 and based in Devon. The organisation was originally set up to provide practical and emotional support to people in the villages along the west bank of the River Exe and has now expanded, offering a great variety of services to communities and individuals across Devon. To find out more about our amazing charity, please visit our website www.westbank.org.uk
About the role:
We are looking to recruit a confident and driven Peer Support Officer who will become a proactive member of our support teams across Devon. You will play a crucial role in identifying, supporting and encouraging carers to participate in activities and events designed to help them understand that they are not alone on their journey, creating opportunities for them to access mutual support.
Devon Carers is one of the largest and most successful carer’s services in the UK, providing information and support to 20,000 carers of all ages.
If you want a job that really makes a difference apply today and join our award-winning charity as part of our Devon Carers Team!
As a Peer Support Officer:
• You will provide opportunities for carers to reduce social isolation and build resilience
• You will develop supportive and sustainable carer networks, communities and social opportunities for carers to engage in mutual support
• You will provide opportunities for carers to participate together in activities which they find interesting, motivating and/or meaningful
What we offer:
• An excellent rate of pay and hours to help you achieve a better work-life balance;
• A generous allowance of 25 days of annual leave (pro rata) a year plus bank holidays;
• Sick pay leave following successful completion of probation period;
• Inclusion in a friendly and professional team who prides itself in supporting the needs of carers around Devon;
• Discounts for our on-site Kidzone;
• Access to a well-equipped gym with parking available on site;
• Cycle to work scheme
• A real chance to make a difference in people’s lives when they need it most
What we are looking for:
We will be shortlisting on the following criteria, so please make reference as to how you meet these in your covering letter:
• Proven track record of providing support groups and activities to service-users.
• Evidence of methodical and accurate record keeping
• Good IT skills, including understanding of MS Office packages and databases.
• Ability to plan, prioritise and use own initiative with excellent attention to detail.
• Relevant experience of working in a role involving effective liaison with other agencies.
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills across a range of audiences.
• Ability/willingness to work flexibly as the role requires, including occasional weekend and evening work.
• Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team.
• Sound understanding of safeguarding, Health & Safety and GDPR regulations, within the work setting.
• High level of inter-personal skills, with the ability to develop solutions.
• Full Uk Driving Licence
• Right to work in the UK
Our charity is committed to supporting inclusion and diversity in everything we do so we encourage all candidates who meet the requirements to submit their application.
To help us better evaluate your suitability for the role, please submit an up-to-date CV with a covering letter outlining how you meet the shortlisting criteria to email@example.com.
Interview date: 23rd of May 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationExeter
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & HealthYouth & Community
- Salary Details
£11,509.94 (£23,019.89 FTE) depending on experience & qualifications
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart Time
18.5 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required