- DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
- Services for Communities
- Work Location
- The Passmore Edwards Centre, Newton Abbot, Devon TQ12 2RJ
- Occupational group
- Teaching - Adults
- Salary details
- £21,693 - £25,463 (pro-rata)
- Job term
- Fixed Term
- Appointment type
- Part Time
- Annualised hours 400 hours per annum
- Closing Date
- 24 March 2019
- Interview date
- 1 April 2019
- For an informal discussion please contact
- Elanor Walsh on 07710 854433
Learn Devon are seeking an experienced and dynamic tutor to work with adult learners on digital skills and employability. You must hold a teaching qualification and a level 3 ICT or digital media qualification and be familiar with the OFSTED common inspection framework.
If you have:
· Experience of delivering Digital Skills in a classroom or community setting;
· Experience of using a wide range of mobile ‘apps’, cloud applications, tablets and mobile devices as well as laptops/PC’s;
· Experience across a range of online/digital areas – particularly; email accounts, online forms and fields, video communication software and other digital media;
· Confidence and knowledge in all aspects of internet use including safeguarding and online security/staying safe online, management of passwords and accounts and awareness of scams and ‘phishing';
· Experience of delivering employability training to adults;
· A current knowledge of employer requirements for skills;
· An understanding of the barriers that jobseekers face;
· An approachable, patient and open attitude;
· A flexible and engaging approach to teaching.
Then come and join our team delivering learning to adults in small groups across south Devon.
This post is based in Newton Abbot, however there is the expectation that the postholder will travel to other centres and venues around south Devon. The post holder must be available for at least 1 evening per week as well as occasional weekend working.
Our tutors are on an annualised hours contract and 400 hours equates to approximately 10 - 12 hours per week during term time with some holiday hours required for meetings and training.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.