- DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
- Services for Communities
- Work Location
- Various locations across Devon
- Occupational group
- Social Care & Health
- Salary details
- Up to £21.13 per hour (rates vary depending on the role)
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Various Hours
- Full and Part Time
- Closing Date
- 31 May 2020
CALL TO ACTION: Join the effort to stop the spread of COVID-19
This is a call to action to help your community in these unprecedented times as we prepare for the spread of COVID-19.
We are looking for registered and unregistered bank staff to work in the following areas:
- Social Workers - Adult's & Children's Services
- Approved Mental Health Professionals (AMHPs)
- Occupational Therapists
- Other social care roles, such as Social Care Assessor and Family Practitioner
You will carry out the full duties of the role including assessments and reviews. Duties will be undertaken remotely where possible but please be aware face to face visits may be required, so you will need to be prepared to work in an environment where COVID-19 is present.
We are looking for support across the county and will endeavour to place you with a team near to your home address.
Support for you
- These are key worker roles and therefore if you need support with child care while you are at work, your child will be prioritised for education provision.
- If you would have difficulty with transport getting to work during this time (as a particular bus route is no longer available) you are able to apply for subsidised taxi provision.
- If you are in receipt of a pension from the Devon Pension Fund, re-employment into one of these roles during COVID-19 will not impact on your pension. For confirmation on other pension fund status please contact your pension provider.
You will need to be
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Able to apply for an enhanced DBS check immediately
- Either on the permanent or temporary Social Work England or HCPC register respectively* - if required for role
If you want to support us in these challenging times, please apply today!
Please apply by completing a basic CV telling us as much as possible about your skills, experience and qualifications so that we can identify where your abilities could best support our services. If you need help, you can find a CV template attached to this advert.
IMPORTANT - please note:
*If your Social Work England or HCPC registration has lapsed, please check with the appropriate body to ensure you are listed on the respective Temporary Register:
- Social Work England: https://www.socialworkengland.org.uk/registration/coronavirus-temporary-registration/ https://www.hcpc-uk.org/covid-19/advice/registrants/
- HCPC: https://www.hcpc-uk.org/covid-19/temporary-register/
As these roles are in response to the current COVID-19 situation please ensure that you have read the current Government guidelines relating to ‘Information for shielding and protecting people defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable from COVID-19’ and ‘Guidance on social distancing’ to ensure you are comfortable and willing to work, before applying. Appropriate training and PPE will be provided where required. Please visit GOV.UK/coronavirus for further guidance.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Temp Solutions privacy notice.
For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.