- DISTRICT COUNCILS
- TEIGNBRIDGE DISTRICT COUNCIL
- Work Location
- Occupational group
- Manual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Catering/Driving)
- Salary details
- £17,711 - £18,426 per annum
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 19 July 2020
- Interview date
- w/c 27 July 2020
Our Vision: Making Teignbridge a healthy and desirable place where people want to live, work and visit.
Our Values: Communicative, Respectful, Purposeful, Conscientious.
What it's like to work here: With its diverse mix of coast, countryside, seaside resorts, market towns, villages and moorland, Teignbridge is a great place to work and live.
For this role: You will be driving one of our light goods vehicles undertaking a range of tasks around the Teignbridge District area.
What you'll be doing: You will play a key role in maintaining a high standard of cleanliness within the Teignbridge District area, carrying out a range of tasks such as manual sweeping, litter picking, removing rubbish and emptying litter and dog-waste bins.
This post links to Clean Scene Teignbridge Ten super project as part of our ten year strategy 2016 – 2025.
Who we're looking for: To be successful in this role you will have:
- A full driving licence
- An awareness of health and safety issues
- Good communication, customer relations and problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge of the geography of Teignbridge
- A level of fitness and stamina suitable for outdoor manual work to include sweeping and lifting on a regular basis.
We value our staff and offer an excellent working environment, employee rewards and benefits include:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave
- Family friendly leave, pay and working arrangements
- Childcare Vouchers
- Discounted gym membership at Teignbridge District Council Leisure Centres
- Cycle Scheme
- Career development through professional learning and development
As an Investors in People award holder and a Disability Confident Employer, we value diversity and celebrate individuality across our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service provision and are only interested in your ability to do the job.
Important, please also read the Job Description and Person Specification to inform your application and supporting statement.
For an informal discussion please contact Matt Crimp at Teignbridge District Council on 01626 215882.