- DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
- Legal Services, Communications & Human Resources
- Work Location
- Working from home
- Occupational group
- Legal / Trading Standards
- Salary details
- From: £43,857 To: £47,841
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 04 February 2021
- Interview date
- 15th & 16th February 2020
- For an informal discussion please contact
- Carl Hedger or Kate Bollans on 01392 38 3000 (please note that we will not be taking calls from prospective advertisers)
This is an excellent remote-working opportunity for a Procurement & Contracts lawyer qualified as a Solicitor, Barrister or Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives to join a forward-thinking Local Authority in the South West.
Your main responsibilities will include drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts and public sector agreements; advising on public procurement law and contracts; providing support, management, and legal advice in respect of complex outsourcings, insourcings, joint-ventures, shared services, and Teckal arrangements; liaising with Senior Officers and County Councillors as appropriate. Candidates should be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of procurement, contracts and public law. Local Authority experience is desirable but not essential; however applicants must demonstrate that they have a keen interest in working in the public sector. The willingness to learn new areas of law and ability to provide fast-paced legal advice on a variety of legal topics is essential.
When completing the “Supporting Statement” section of the Application, please ensure that you have addressed the main responsibilities as outlined above.
Please note that the Senior Solicitor Job Description contains generic information, not all of which will be applicable to this role.
We offer an attractive package of benefits, including:
• 21 days' paid annual leave (rising with length of service), plus bank holidays and an extra two statutory days at Christmas
• Access to the attractive Local Government Pension Scheme
• Flexible working opportunities including flexitime and remote-working
• Access to Perks at Work and Devon Discounts schemes, offering a fantastic array of savings and discounts at local and high-street brands
• Personal development opportunities
The successful candidate will have the choice of working remotely on a permanent basis or (subject to Covid-19 restrictions) at County Hall, Exeter.
Interviews will be held on 15th & 16th February 2021. For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Carl Hedger or Kate Bollans on 01392 383000 (please note that we will not be taking calls from prospective advertisers).
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.