SPACE is an ambitious and innovative charity, driven by our values and seeking to support even more young people by developing current and new services. Our employees strive to achieve the best they can and must be committed to seeing the best in others. We value everyone's contribution and create safe spaces for exploration and growth.
Do you want to help us unlock potential with young people and their communities? Do you love a challenge?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Youth Support Worker to work at our youth centre in Exmouth. The work will be part-time, permanent, 7 hours per week, and will include working 2 evenings per week and occasional weekends..
What is the role?
• Supporting youth work in a variety of settings
• Being collaborative and a team player
• Supporting the design and deliver of the youth work curriculum and programmes
• Planning, evaluating and evidencing of youth work
Who we’re looking for
• Passion for supporting and advocating for the rights of young people
• Creativity and solution focused thinking
• Respectful with excellent empathy and kindness
• Ability to be adaptable and reachout when you need help and support
• High commitment to continuous professional practice
• Prepared to reflect and learn from experiences
Space is an inclusive and learning organisation. Our employees should strive to achieve the best they can and must be committed to seeing the best in others
As part of our ambitions to improve equality and diversity, we would particularly welcome applications for this role from those who identify under any of the protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010, which include race, age, disability, gender, religion or belief, and sexual orientation.
What we offer
• Annual leave: 6 weeks for the first 5 years then increased to 7 weeks (pro-rata’d for part-time roles)
• Additional 3 Statutory days given between Christmas and new year plus bank holidays
• Pension contributions starting at 6% rising to 8% in the third year
• Employee assistance programme 24/7
• Casual dress code
• Social occasions
• Continuous Professional Development: Formal and informal training opportunities
• Enhanced sick pay
• Trained wellbeing champions available for a chat
• Value-driven culture
If you’d like an informal discussion about the role, please contact Steve on 07764 326431 or more information please visit www.spaceyouthservices.org.
At SPACE, we work with young people and are fully committed to ensuring their safeguarding and welfare is a priority at all times. As part of our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures, all of our employees, contractors and volunteers will be expected to comply. Upon a conditional offer of appointment being made, all employees will also be required to satisfy our pre-employment screening process which will include:
• An identity check (photo ID)
• Receipt of satisfactory references covering for 3 years to current
• Documentary evidence of right to work in the UK
• A satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
How to apply
Please read the job description and apply with your CV and supporting statement, describing your passion for this role even if you don’t feel you meet every point in the description.
To apply for this post please download and complete the attached supporting statement and return along with your CV either via email to email@example.com or post to DYS Space Ltd, 100 Club, Wear Barton Road, Exeter, Devon EX2 7EH
Interview Date: Thursday 8th December 2022 (evening) at The Hive Exmouth
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationEast DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupYouth & Community
- Salary Details
NC: unqualified scale pt 5 - 6, qualified scale pt 7 - 10: £19,646 - £22,491 FTE
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
7 hours per week (2 evenings per week)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required