Young Corporate Parenting Lead and Lifelong Links Business Support (with potential to complete a Business Administration Apprenticeship)
Fixed Term Post until 31st March 2025
Here in Devon we believe in placing young people at the heart of what we do. This opportunity is for a care experienced young person, aged between 18-23 to join us in making that ambition a reality.
This position is a split role; for half the time you will be a Young Corporate Parenting Lead. This exciting new role will require you to work closely with the Head of Service for Corporate Parenting, acting as an Expert by Experience and advocating for the voice and influence of children and young people in care, or leaving our care. You will participate in meetings and be able to contribute perspectives that support good decision making.
In the other half of the role, you will provide business administration support to the Lifelong Links project, with the potential to complete an Apprenticeship in Business Administration. Lifelong Links is designed to support young people to keep in contact with people they care about.
This is a fixed term post initially until the end of March 2025, with scope to possibly extend.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact: Julian Watkins firstname.lastname@example.org; Claire Richardson email@example.com; or Debbie Raymond firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internal Applicants, please note: If you are an existing DCC employee, please use your iTrent Employee Self Service (ESS) details to log in and apply.
Please click Apply Now to see the Job Description.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working - The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£22,737 - £23,114 per annum
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required