Empowering our children (and staff) through deep learning to change:
• Their community
• Their world
Required from September 2022.
Sticklepath Community Primary Academy (Roll 481) is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, committed and reflective Year 1 classroom teacher who believes - like we do - that every child can achieve and experience the joy and pride of success in learning through hard work, high expectations, perseverance and commitment.
At Sticklepath, we are passionate about the process of learning and designing rich, creative, cognitively challenging learning experiences that enable our children to think deeply about themselves, the world and their place within it.
We constantly reflect, practise, question and challenge ourselves and our children to grow and improve. We pride ourselves on our trusting, respectful relationships where everyone feels supported to take risks, learn from their mistakes and grow their potential.
We are looking for a teacher who:
• Is motivated, creative and brave in developing and improving their approach to teaching and learning - and sees this as a constant voyage of discovery (we are never the finished article!);
• Has high expectations of all children with an unwavering commitment to overcoming barriers and raising aspiration;
• Creates a high-quality learning environment that supports and celebrates learning;
• Is able to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a team, including across the Tarka Learning Partnership MAT, with a commitment to high quality professional dialogue;
• Is reflective and committed to developing their own learning including through the use of research and evidence based practice;
• Is excited and motivated by challenge!
We can offer you:
• Fantastic children who make every day a joy;
• A warm and caring family ethos with supportive colleagues;
• A commitment to high quality continual professional learning and development;
• A learning culture committed to collaboration and teamwork.
This post is initially for a period of 6 months to cover a staff absence and is suitable for ECTs.
The school will be open for visits or telephone appointments with Mr Richard Blunt, one of the Executive Co-Headteachers, on 25 August 2022. Please contact Ellen Mitchell, School Administrator, from 22 August 2022 on 01271 342455 to arrange a visit or a call.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Please note, in line with our Safer Recruitment policy, references will be requested after shortlisting as part of the selection process.
Please download the application form below and, once completed, return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application packs, including application forms, can also be downloaded from www.sticklepathschool.org.uk or www.tarkatrust.org.uk.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
Interview Date: 30 August 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupTeaching - Primary & Early Years
- Salary Details
TPS (Main Pay Scale 1-6 and Upper Pay Scale 1-3)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required