Fixed Term until the 31st March 2024
1 x Full time Exeter East, Mid
1x Full time North.
0.5 (18.5 hours) Part Time - South Devon
An exciting opportunity to join a dynamic service working with young drug users across Devon. We are looking for 2 full time and 1 part time (0.5) young people’s drug and alcohol practitioner who will be required to engage, assess, care plan and intervene with young people and young adults, who are experiencing difficulties with drugs and alcohol.
You should have significant experience of working with young people in this field. In addition, you will be required to support children and young people who have been affected by substance misuse within their family.
You will be able to work well as part of a team and individually and should be able to communicate effectively with young people individually and in groups. You should also be able to form effective professional partnerships in order to work in a multi - agency setting to best meet the needs of a service user group, who can have complex presentation, as part of both an Early Help offer and with those children and families open to statutory services, and in order to support a ‘whole family working’ ethos.
Some evening and weekend working, on a duty basis, will be required.
If you are a team player, looking for a fast paced and rewarding career in a County with breath-taking scenery and an excellent quality of life we would like to hear from you.
For an informal conversation regarding these posts please contact Sarah Simpson 07854304512 or 01392 383000 (and ask for by name)
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterEast DevonMid DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£24,432 - £27,514 per annum, pro rata (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeVariable Hours
18.5 - 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required