Do you have a love for vehicle repairs and like to get your hands dirty? Then don’t miss this fantastic opportunity that we currently have available. We are looking for a confident individual, with experience of working in a fast-paced environment, to manage and organise the day to day running of the authority’s vehicle repair workshop.
As Workshop Supervisor you will be responsible for the supervision of two members of staff and two apprentices and ensuring the level of roadworthiness of all TDC vehicles comply with current legislation and that they must adhere to strict deadlines in relation to service and safety inspection.
Applicants will be required to have substantial previous experience in HGV repairs and maintenance. They must also hold a formal motor industry qualification (City & Guilds or equivalent, Level 3 or above), are trained to weld, and have working knowledge of municipal vehicles and basic IT knowledge.
Who we are
Located in Northern Devon, we're the Local Authority for the area of Torridge. We look after our residents and visitors providing a wide range of services. All this in an area of 384 square km with a population of 67,000, it's no easy task but our team of around 270 employees are integral to supporting our local area and working hard to provide the best positive service for our customers.
Benefits of Working for Us
Our office is located on the banks of the Torridge estuary in Bideford, one of the most breath-taking parts of the South West within walking distance of the dramatic North Devon Coastline.
We offer a fantastic benefits package, which includes:
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme which the Council contributes 17.5% to
- Access to an Occupational Health service to support you at work
- Enhanced sick pay
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Flexi time policy
- Annual leave starting at 22 days and rising to 26 days after 5 years (plus bank holidays)
- The option to purchase an extra 10 days (pro rata) annual leave
- Social Events across the authority
For a confidential, informal discussion about this vacancy please contact David Rodgers, Waste and Recycling Manager on 01237 428726.
To view a job description or to apply for this role, please visit https://careers.torridge.gov.uk/ to complete an online application form.
Closing Date: 29 January 2023
Interview Date: 10 February 2023.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationDevonTorridge
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManagement & Senior ManagementHighways, Transport & TrafficManual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Driving/Catering/
- Salary Details
£27,344 - £30,151 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required