Registered Charity Number no 213224
Would you like to join an expert group of farm advisers providing guidance, support and technical knowledge to help farm businesses adapt for the future - enhancing opportunities for wildlife and improving water quality?
Working Wetlands represents one of the largest and longest-running landscape scale restoration projects. It aims to improve the quality and extent of semi-natural habitats and the associated ecosystem services (such as water and soils) across multiple drinking water catchments making best use of nature-based solutions. The project delivers a significant part of South West Water’s Upstream Thinking programme.
Devon Wildlife Trust (DWT) is Devon’s leading wildlife conservation charity, with over 37,000 members, over 300 active volunteers, 100 staff and 60 nature reserves. We are one of the larger locally based organisations that collectively make up The Wildlife Trusts. DWT has pioneered the reintroduction of beavers in England and the restoration of internationally rare habitats like Culm Grassland.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increasing to 28 days after 5 years’ service);
• Agile working arrangements including home working;
• Flexitime system;
• Salary progression (subject to satisfactory performance);
• Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply);
• Death in Service cover;
• Access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP);
• Cycle to work scheme;
• Training and development opportunities.
This post is based at Cookworthy.
We welcome candidates of all backgrounds and abilities who meet the essential criteria for this role. We are an inclusive organisation that is seeking to involve more diverse audiences in our work.
DWT is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment.
You can download an application pack from www.devonwildlifetrust.org/jobs.
Interview Date: 25 July 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationWest DevonDevonTorquay
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEnvironment, Conservation & Waste
- Salary Details
£26,192 per annum (plus 7% pension)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required