Are you looking for a role where you make a difference?
Are you looking to be part of a flexible and supportive team?
Do you have a positive and enthusiastic attitude and are proactive and willing to help and support others?
If the answer is yes, then we may have the role for you!
About the role
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen to join us as a Workforce Development Administrator within Integrated Adult Social Care at Devon County Council. This is a fantastic chance to be involved in providing a comprehensive and efficient administrative service to the Workforce Development and Adult Social Care Recruitment Team.
This is a permanent, full-time role at 37 hours per week. However, we will consider part time hours and flexible working
The Workforce Development Administrator will provide administrative support for Workforce and Recruitment matters which will include:
- Meeting preparation, minute taking and follow up administrative support and ensuring meeting agendas and minutes are sent out at appropriate times so staff receive a high quality service.
- Play a key role in developing Workforce Development and Adult Social Care Recruitment team marketing materials and ensuring the web site is up to date and information is of a high quality.
- Support the WD and Adult Social Care Recruitment team with gathering market intelligence and data analysis to inform management decision making and contribute to the information for management reports.
- Assisting in the production of a monthly newsletter to publicise training opportunities.
Further duties and responsibilities are noted in the Job Description.
We are looking for an innovative, highly motivated person with strong communication and organisational skills to be part of our Workforce Development Team.
You will also need:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Accuracy with attention to detail
- Able work well as part of a Team
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Experience in the use of Microsoft 365: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams
Further attributes are noted in the Person Specification.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your learning and development, doing all we can to help you excel in your career and with new and exciting opportunities for career development. You will receive excellent support and supervision.
- We offer 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Flexible working opportunities are available, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the service – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon has never been more attractive.
If you have the skills and qualities required for this role and are looking to make a difference in a fast-paced front-line service to bring real benefits to your community, we would be keen to hear from you.
For further information on this role please contact Lauren Dodd – Workforce & Recruitment Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeter
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£19,264 - £20,043 per annum (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required