Main tasks include:
• Provide 1-2-1 mentoring support for young people aged 11-18 (currently) with mental health issues and ensure that the School Mentoring Service adapts and supports their emotional and mental wellbeing;
• Act as first point of contact for young people; assess need; provide 1-2-1 support to young people and record, monitor and evaluate progress. Work with the young person to set goals, signpost and encourage them to join other groups and support networks where appropriate. Current caseload will be based in Honiton but flexibility is needed;
• Plan, organise and deliver a range of activities and interactions which support the mental and emotional wellbeing of young people;
• To network with local groups, organisations and individuals to promote the service.
If you would like an informal discussion about this post, or have any queries, please contact Ben Feasey by emailing email@example.com.
To request an application pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
Action East Devon is a Company Limited by Guarantee, registered in England No 07035905 and Registered as a Charity in England and Wales, No 1134611.
Registered Office: 169 Younghayes Road, Cranbrook, Exeter, Devon EX5 7DR.
Interview Date: 18 October 2022 (at Younghayes Centre, Cranbrook)
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationEast DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
East Devon - currently based at Honiton Community College
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & HealthEducation SupportYouth & Community
- Salary Details
£25,171 per annum pro rata (£6,803 per annum actual)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
10 hours per week (strong possibility of increase within the year)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required