Volunteer Grief Support Workers - Balloons
- Multiple Locations
Location: Various locations across Exeter, Mid and East Devon
Recruitment is ongoing, year-round. Two training courses in 2023; starting in April and September.
An amazing opportunity for you to change the lives of bereaved children and young people in Exeter, Mid and East Devon.
Train to be a volunteer Grief Support Worker with this fantastic and well-respected local charity. Your volunteering really will make a difference to children who would otherwise be left alone with their grief.
National statistics set the context for our work:
• Every 22 minutes a child is bereaved of a parent
• Approximately two children under 16 are bereaved of a parent every hour, every day
• 6% of 5–16-year-olds have experienced the death of a close family friend, equating to 537,450 children
• 41% of youth offenders experienced childhood bereavement in comparison to the 4% national average
Induction, Training & Support
As a Volunteer Grief Support Worker, you will attend our training course, (one day a week over the course of a few months). Once you start your volunteering you will have full support, supervision and CPD opportunities.
Volunteering for Balloons provides you with an incredible opportunity to enhance your CV and develop personal and professional skills and experience. Please note: as volunteering is during school/office hours, this role is unsuitable for anyone in full time employment or education.
• Please visit our website at www.balloonscharity.co.uk for further information about the work that we do at Balloons.
If you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationExeterEast DevonMid DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & HealthYouth & Community
- Salary Details
- Job TermCasual
- Appointment TypeCasual
Around 3 hours each week, after a 10-day training course (one day per week)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required