The Volunteering and Community Services Department provides support to over 300 volunteers, who assist us to deliver services across the County of Devon. It also delivers a range of community-based support services, which range from delivering community cooking sessions through to our award-winning Neighbourhood Friends service, which supports people as they are discharged from hospital.
Volunteers play a pivotal role in helping us to deliver our services. As the Volunteer Engagement Manager, you will be responsible for developing and over-all volunteering strategy by assessing the organisation’s needs and meeting the identified needs through managing the attraction, recruitment, placement and retention of volunteers.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to create the foundations of a pivotal service within the organisation and no two days will look the same. As the Volunteer Engagement Manager you will:
• Be reviewing and updating existing volunteer management policies, procedures and documents to ensure compliance with latest good practice guidance.
• Supporting Westbank’s funding applications and development plans for new services that involve volunteers.
• Identifying gaps in the in the organisation and attract volunteers with matching skills and interests
• Supporting department heads in developing new volunteer roles and creating appropriate role descriptions.
• Promoting volunteering at Westbank and at external events
• Be taking the lead on reward and recognition activities, such as Volunteers’ Week events.
• Leading and implementing safeguarding training for all volunteers.
We will be shortlisting on the following criteria. Please submit a personal statement outlining how you meet the below criteria, along with an up-to-date CV.
- Proven experience of managing, developing and coordinating projects with volunteers, or in HR
- Proven understanding and knowledge of safeguarding
- Proven experience of event planning
- Proven experience of delivery of training
- Experience of using CRM databases and Microsoft Office.
Full details can be found in the Job Description
As well as a competitive salary and enhanced annual leave allowance (33 days per year, inclusive of Bank Holidays you’ll be making a difference DAILY.
You will also benefit from:
• Access to a comprehensive staff benefits package.
• Discounts for our on-site Kidzone services (After School, Holiday Club & Pre-School),
• Free on-site parking,
• Access to exclusive staff discounts from days out to travel, accommodation, cinema tickets and supermarket discounts.
• Free use of our fully equipped, on-site gym,
• Cycle to Work Scheme,
• Company Sick Pay following successful completion of probationary period,
• Inclusion in a friendly and professional team who prides itself in supporting the needs of its clients,
• A real chance to make a difference in peoples lives when they need it most, and
• Access to a 24/7 confidential advice line for staff, including advice on everyday matters, debt & financial advice, legal & tax advice, as well as family care advice.
Westbank is an award-winning, Devon-based registered charity established in 1986 and became a company limited by guarantee in 2007. The organisation was originally set up to provide practical and emotional support to people in the villages along with west bank of the River Exe. The organisation now works with communities and individuals across Devon.
Devon Carers is a service delivered by Westbank and is one of the largest and most successful carer’s services in the UK, providing information and support to over 27,000 unpaid carers of all ages. Devon Carers is the focus for the delivery of several services for carers of all ages across Devon, including peer support, hospital services and young carers.
Westbank is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is, therefore, subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
It is a criminal offence for people who are barred from working in Regulated Activity (under the Safeguarding and Vulnerable Groups Act 2006) to apply for roles that require them to work unsupervised with that particular group (adults at risk/children).
Our charity is committed to supporting inclusion and diversity in everything we do, so we encourage all candidates who meet the requirements to submit their application.
Please send a CV and a personal statement outlining against person specifications and your suitability for the role to email@example.com .
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManagement & Senior ManagementYouth & Community
- Salary Details
£30,000 per annum FTE
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours (Monday - Thursday 8:30 - 16:30, Friday 8:30 - 16:00)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required