Fixed Term 2 Years
Do you want to help children thrive in education every day? Do you want to work supporting schools to ensure that previously looked after and adopted children make excellent progress in school? Do you want to work with families and other professionals to ensure best educational outcomes for these children ?
The 2014 Children and Families Act requires every Local Authority to have a Virtual School to advocate for Children in Care and Previously Looked After and Adopted Children.
This role is a new 2 year temporary post, working 3 days a week during term time only.
Your role will be to help remove any barriers to learning for this group of children, offer support to all key stakeholders and ensure Devon`s Previously Looked After and Adopted Children (PLAC) access the best educational opportunities available to them in Devon.
We hope you would like to join our team and work with us on this journey.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Andrew Squire (Area Learning Advocate with current responsibility for this work) Andrew.email@example.com or 07528 940661
Interview Date: February 2023 (Date to be confirmed)
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£35,411 - £39,493 per annum, pro rata
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
22.2 hours per week (3 days per week)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required