Team Educate work very closely with Devon Virtual School and Devon County Council and require teachers / tutors to work on a 1:1 basis with students in care.
At Team Educate, we can offer a range of flexible tutoring with the possibility of both local, face to face tuition as well the option to offer online sessions. This is dependent on the need of the young person, but we will be able to accommodate the tutors’ preferences and availability.
Your responsibility as a tutor will be to plan and deliver focused and tailored lessons to the individual children and to provide them with an education. These young people may be out of school for several reasons, and we have a duty of care to support these young people and offer them an inclusive education. The tutor will be required to liaise with the schools and carers but will also have support from ourselves, the school and council etc. Some placements may take place at a school, alternative provision, a children’s home, or a public setting (like a library) whereas others may be online through TEAMs or Zoom.
We are looking for qualified teachers and tutors throughout Devon to work with several individuals and can offer you as much or as little work as required. Lessons will normally be 1-3 hours long and we may be able to offer a full day of lessons working with 2-3 different pupils or part time hours to fit around other commitments. The sessions can be during school hours, in the evenings and on weekends (depending on tutor availability). We can book you into as many hours as you like and some of our tutors are working 30+ hours per week.
About the role:
- Mainly Monday - Friday (during the school day and evenings);
- Face to Face or Virtual sessions;
- You will be delivering core subject lessons to bridge the gap in their learning and support the pupils’ emotional needs;
- Most of the pupils will have SEND needs so we require tutors with experience of working with young people with a range of different needs and abilities;
- Casual work (but booked on a longer-term basis);
- Full time and part time work (term time only).
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have the following:
- School / Tutor experience;
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or Teaching Degree;
- Good subject knowledge in Maths, English and Science;
- Hold Right to Work in the UK;
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application;
- Provide references that can be contacted.
If you require any further information about this role, please do get in touch and give us a call.
To apply, please send me your CV today.
Team Educate is an agency who has an impeccable reputation throughout Devon and the UK, and we pride ourselves on our passion for education. Our consultants go above and beyond for our schools, clients, candidates and the young pupils we are working with. We have lots of positions coming to us on a weekly basis and we are confident we can find the perfect role for you! We provide the best service in the industry, by offering reliability to our clients, mentorships to our staff and reliability to the young people we work with – we really are the agency that cares!
Come and join our fast-growing team, so we can continue to be an outstanding team of Educators! #TeamEducate
Have a friend who may be interested in joining us? We offer £75 for every Teaching Assistant referral and £150 for every Teacher referral (terms and conditions apply).
Contact us today on 0117 374 2547 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupTeaching - Special & Other
- Salary Details
£25.00 - £30.00 per hour
- Job TermCasual
- Appointment TypeCasualFull TimePart TimePart Time/Term TimeTerm TimeVariable Hours
Multiple hours available (1-30 hours per week)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required