To start in January 2024.
Are you looking to take the next step in your career and work at a strategic level to develop practice across schools? Do you aspire to senior leadership or headship? This post provides a rare opportunity for an expectational teacher and leader to join our central team supporting schools on their improvement journey.
The role of the trust maths lead is to develop and implement a Trust wide strategy and approach, supporting and leading the team of maths subject leaders based in schools. As such, you will have experience of leading maths in your own school and possibly working at a more strategic level within a Trust or as a senior leader. You will be responsible for developing and implementing the Trust’s approach to incremental coaching and work directly with teachers in classrooms on a regular basis to improve teaching practice. You will work strategically to develop a Trust wide approach to curriculum and teaching and your passion, knowledge, and ability to demystify the concept of ‘mastery’ for teachers will shine through. You will be clear about your own career pathway and see this role as part of a journey to senior leadership or headship. Initially this role will be based in Torquay but in future extend also to our Exeter and East Devon hub, although travel to any school in the Trust may be required.
In return we can offer:
- A trust with strong research and learning centred culture.
- Opportunities to continue your own learning and development through access to local and national CPD events and networking.
- The opportunity to work as part of an established and well respect School Improvement Team.
- The rewarding experience of working across 19 primary school in Torbay, Exeter and Plymouth who make up is diverse in terms of size and demographic, ensuring no two days are ever the same.
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Free Childcare
- Employee Assistance Programme
Please note it is our process to apply for references for shortlisted applicants and to complete online searches in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance, for all shortlisted applicants. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Our safeguarding policy can be viewed on our policies page, which can be viewed Here
An informal discussion about the role is welcomed by contacting Sean Millar Director of School Improvement on 07734202518 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the link for information on how to apply Vacancies - FaceEd (face-ed.co.uk).
If you have any issues applying for this role, please contact HR via email@example.com.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: Week beginning 16th October 2023
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevonTorquay
- Occupational GroupSchool LeadershipTeaching - Primary & Early Years
- Salary Details
L1 - L4
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart Time
Full time (although consideration given to part time)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required