Trust HR Manager - Uffculme Academy Trust
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
- NJC Grade Points 39-44 £45,495 - £50,603 (pay award pending)
Required to start as soon as possible and ideally by September 2023.
Although based in Uffculme, there is the opportunity to work from home 2-3 days per week and during school holiday periods.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and professionally qualified HR Manager to lead and develop the HR functions of our growing Trust. In September 2023, the Uffculme Academy Trust is merging with The Castle Partnership Trust to form a new Multi-Academy Trust, the Blackdown Education Partnership, which will comprise of five secondary and five primary schools in Devon and Somerset with over 700 employees. Joining from its inception provides both an exciting opportunity and a real challenge for an experienced HR professional in this new role, reporting to the CFO and with the support of our HR Administrator and legal advisors. An understanding of terms and conditions for teachers and school support staff would be an advantage but is not essential.
The successful applicant will play a key role in shaping our Central HR function and managing the operational support provided to our schools, consequently making a difference to the life chances of the children and young people in our care.
The postholder will be responsible for:
• Ensuring the successful implementation of our HR strategy and development plan;
• Managing the HR functions of the Trust, providing HR insights and reporting;
• Reviewing and developing HR systems including aligning key processes;
• Providing solution focussed HR advice and training;
• Undertaking Trust wide HR project work including onboarding new schools joining the Trust;
• Ensuring the Trust remains compliant with employment law, ACAS guidance and best practice;
• Developing and maintaining our third party HR relationships;
• Ensuring payroll procedures are completed accurately, liaising with our external provider;
• Supporting the development and updating of Trust HR policies;
• Managing staff voice surveys and supporting staff development and appraisal activities.
Our ideal candidate will be highly motivated, emotionally intelligent, with well-developed HR transactional and advisory skills and have the potential to manage the development of our central HR function. If you share our vision and values and have the skills, experience and drive to help us achieve our aims, we would be delighted to hear from you.
We can offer a competitive salary, the opportunity to grow your career with the Trust, a generous defined benefit Local Government pension, reduced rate on-site gym membership, access to wellbeing support and free on-site parking.
If you would like an informal conversation about this role, please contact Ben Brook, Chief Finance Officer, on 01884 842900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a number of safeguarding checks including an enhanced DBS.
For more information and to apply, please use the following link: Trust HR Manager - Eteach.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
We are seeking to fill this important post at the earliest opportunity and will consider applications on receipt. We reserve the right to close early if sufficient applications are received. If you are interested in this exciting role, please apply as soon as you can.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationMid DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupHR & RecruitmentManagement & Senior Management
- Salary Details
NJC Grade Points 39-44 £45,495 - £50,603 (pay award pending)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week, all year around
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required