Required as soon as possible.
We are a school Trust where everything begins and ends with children; this is an exciting opportunity to become part of our growing Trust family in a role that will make a real difference to our children.
We are not looking for a hands-on chef, but an experienced leader who can engage with communities and take a pro-active approach to developing our trust-wide catering strategy. You will engage and lead a passionate catering team across the Trust, supporting them to deliver the best possible lunchtime experience for our children.
We believe that every child has the opportunity to enjoy a healthy school meal; as Trust Catering Lead, you will have the opportunity to research, design and provide high quality meals using fresh local produce. Food is vitality important to our children’s education, and you will have a profound impact on feeding their imaginations and fostering an interest in healthy meal choices that which will enable them to flourish.
We also invest in our people, and our wellbeing strategy ensures that we nurture and care for our colleagues so they can be the very best then can be. We are proud to be a single organisation where development and growth is celebrated, and you will play a vital role in your teams’ personal and professional development.
If you like the sound of working in a values-driven School Trust, where you will have the opportunity to take an innovative approach to developing our catering provision, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for someone who:
• Wants the opportunity to make a profound difference to children’s lives
• Has demonstrable catering experience, including the development and line management of catering colleagues
• Can manage and monitor the performance of external contracts
• Is committed to providing the highest quality dining experience whilst developing and co-ordinating the delivery of the Trust Catering function
• Can work flexibly across the Trust to meet the demands of the role
• Ability to liaise and engage confidently with key stakeholders at all levels
We can offer you:
● A culture that takes work life balance extremely seriously for all its colleagues
● The chance to work as part of a collective in a values-led School Trust
● Opportunities to develop your career through our excellent development practice
● A strong, proactive wellbeing network across the School Trust
● Access to a 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme
● Generous Local Government Pension Scheme
● Trust benefit schemes
Our School Trust is underpinned by our four core beliefs; we are stronger together, a sense of belonging; removing barriers and realising the possible. This means that by working collectively, we can achieve our absolute best to ensure that children, especially the most vulnerable, can flourish.
We want to support you in deciding if we are a School Trust that you would like to join, and encourage you arrange a visit or virtual call so that you can better understand if we are an organisation which excites you and can support you to flourish. Please contact the Trust People Team on 01626 248800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.
The Learning Academy Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosures are required for this post along with the other necessary checks. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
For more information and an application pack, please visit our website https://www.lapsw.co.uk/vacancies/current-vacancies/.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
However, please feel free to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be considered upon receipt. We reserve the right to interview/appoint before the closing date.
Interview Date: Wednesday 14th December 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManagement & Senior ManagementManual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Driving/Catering/
- Salary Details
NJC Grade I (Torbay): £34,723 – £37,261 (FTE)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
37 hours per week, 41 weeks per year
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required