Location: Bovey Tracey, Newton Abbot (with travel across Dartmoor National Park)
Dartmoor National Park Authority works in partnership with local and national stakeholders to conserve and enhance Dartmoor as a vibrant, living, working landscape and community teeming with natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage.
We promote opportunities for the public to understand and enjoy the special qualities of Dartmoor National Park, whilst also promoting the economic and social wellbeing of local communities.
We are now looking for a Trees Officer to join our team on a permanent, part-time basis, working 18.5 hours per week.
- Salary of £32,076 - £36,648 per annum (pro rata)
- Generous annual leave and flexitime policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to electric vehicle pool car fleet
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Beautiful office location on National Trust estate, with free parking and café on site
- Discounts at National Park Visitor Centres and Car Parks
If you’re a talented arboriculturist with experience of tree inspections and hedgerow management, this is a fantastic opportunity to join our renowned organisation.
Not only will you have the chance to work in a stunning location, steeped in rich history and surrounded by breath-taking views, but you’ll help us conserve and protect the unique trees and woodlands so they can thrive!
So, if you want to step into a rewarding role alongside a dedicated team who share your passion for conservation and maintaining the park's unique qualities, apply today!
As a Trees Officer, you will help to ensure that trees and woodlands within Dartmoor National Park are healthy, protected and well managed.
Managing Tree Preservation Orders, trees standing within Conservation Areas and Hedgerow Regulations, you’ll provide advice and recommendations on development management issues relating to trees and woodlands.
Contributing specialist tree and woodland knowledge and skills, you’ll support forestry consultations and trees and woodlands policy at a regional or national level.
To be considered as a Trees Officer, you will need:
- Experience of tree inspections
- Experience of The Hedgerow Regulations, including determining Hedgerow removal notices
- Knowledge and experience of making, confirming and reviewing Tree Preservation Orders
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation and policy related to trees, hedgerows and conservation areas
Please note, this role will involve working in all weather conditions and a variety of access and ground conditions.
Other organisations may call this role Project Officer, Environment Officer, Environmental Policy Officer, Arboriculture Surveyor, Area Tree Officer, Planning Enforcement Officer, Conservation Officer, or Tree & Woodland Officer.
Webrecruit and Dartmoor National Park Authority are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to make a positive difference in this rewarding role as a Trees Officer, please click the Apply Now button. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Closing date: 25th February 2024.
Interview Date: To be held on the 21st March 2024.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTeignbridgeDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEnvironment, Conservation & Waste
- Salary Details
£32,076 - £36,648 per annum (pro rata)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
18.5 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required