Transport Coordination officer (Safety compliance and fleet) (Ref 4597)
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
- £26,357 - £29,439 per annum
To assist the Safety, Compliance & Fleet Manager with the day to day management of the Devon County Council (DCC) Fleet, provide advice to clients and assist in ensuring vehicle contractor compliance. To provide training and equipment for special needs transport users.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To issue orders for the repair and maintenance of DCC fleet vehicles, to monitor all work in progress in accordance with contract specification and requirements. Ensure all vehicles and plant are serviced and maintained in line with the service schedule and pursue warranty claims via the maintenance contractor.
- To investigate all aspects of contract non-compliance including vehicle condition, contractor suitability (including all legal documentation), vehicle accidents and driver suitability. This will include liaising with other directorates and agencies when required.
- To manage the DCC vehicle accident process, this will include liaising with the DCC insurance team.
- To assist in driver vetting issues and investigations.
- To give advice on all aspects of special needs transport equipment and training where required and arrange for the specification and equipping of vehicles in accordance with the requirements of the passengers conveyed, safety considerations and legal compliance.
- To respond to enquires and requests for assistance from clients and fleet users regarding vehicle defects, repair and operational problems, and accidents, and to give advice on some aspects of mechanical, safety and driver issues.
- To make reports and assist with contract compliance for contracted vehicles, including checking documents and further investigations when required.
- To manage the DCC fuel card contract, acting as main contact for all queries.
To assist in producing vehicle specifications and ordering, giving advice and researching into legislation changes, including preparing guidance material for users.
- To liaise with the Safety, Compliance and Fleet Manager where required on all aspects of maintenance including servicing, queries, defects, accident repairs etc.
- To move vehicles as required.
- To assist in the other transport arranged by the Transport Co-ordination Service (TCS) and to assist in making emergency transport arrangements when required.
- To conform to, actively commit to and promote DCC Customer Service Standards both with internal and external ‘customers’ when using any communication media including telephone, email and face to face.
Working for Devon County Council:
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.