1 x Permanent
1 x Fixed term (initially 12 months)
The Transport Co-ordination Service provides passenger transport services across the authority as well as for a number of other public bodies.
We are looking for enthusiastic and proactive individuals to be part of the team who manage Education transport for children to attend mainstream, special schools or FE colleges including some that have an Educational Health Care Plan. You will be involved in assessing eligibility for transport as well as the mapping, scheduling and planning of routes and timetables. Experience of working in a busy office environment and either within an education, local authority or transport organisation is required. Good IT skills are an essential part of this role.
Due to the nature of the role, you will required to prioritise your demanding workload which at times can be working to tight deadlines.
Due to an increase of workloads there are two posts that will be offered. There is a permanent position and a fixed term post (initially for a period of 12 months with the potential to be extended for at least another 12 months). A secondment to the fixed term post for existing DCC employees will also be considered with line management agreement.
From time to time, you will need to travel to other parts of the County to travel on contracted transport for site visits and for meetings. Assistance with other transport arrangements may also be part of the duties of this post.
For an informal discussion regarding the roles, please call Martin Carder - 01392 382063 Matthew Joll - 01392 382067 (Mainstream Schools) Thomas Swailes - 01392 388483 Tamara Dawson - 01392 382660 (Special Schools)
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupHighways, Transport & Traffic
- Salary Details
£24,432 - £27,514 (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanentFixed
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required