1st Post Is Permanent/2nd Post Is Fixed Term 12 Months
The Transport Co-ordination Service provides passenger transport services across the authority as well as for a number of other public bodies.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive individual to be part of the team who manage education transport for children to attend school or college. This can include school transport to mainstream or special schools and in some cases, special consideration is required for children with Education and Health Care Plans. You will be involved in assessing eligibility for transport as well as the mapping, scheduling and planning of routes and timetables. Experience of working in a busy office environment and either within an education, local authority or transport organisation is required. Good IT and communication skills are an essential part of this role.
From time to time, you will need to travel to other parts of the county for site visits, meetings or to travel on contracted transport.
For an informal discussion, you can contact Tamara Dawson (01392 382660), Martin Carder (01392 382063) or Thomas Swailes (01392 388483).
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupHighways, Transport & Traffic
- Salary Details
£24,432 - £27,514 per annum
- Job TermPermanentFixed
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required