Train to teach in Exeter, Torbay, North Devon, Somerset or Plymouth with Exeter Consortium Schools' Alliance. With training hubs in North Devon, Exeter and Plymouth, Exeter Consortium offers two well-respected and established primary School-Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) programmes (ages 3-7 and 5-11), in partnership with South West Teacher Training SCITT and the University of Exeter, both highly regarded by Ofsted. We work with over 100 schools across the South West to deliver an exceptional opportunity to learn to teach through a school-centred route. Each year we warmly welcome between 30 and 40 trainee teachers who are selected for their teaching potential regardless of gender, age, disability, ethnicity, faith, sexuality or nationality. Our North Devon Training Hub at East the Water Primary School allows our trainees based in North Devon to train within local schools and benefit from our well-respected and established teacher training programme. We also have a Plymouth Hub at St Matthew’s Primary in Plymouth alongside the Exeter Hub based in Countess Wear Community Primary.
Teaching is one of - if not the most - rewarding profession. You will:
• Make a positive difference to the lives of young people.
• Experience the privilege of witnessing children progress and develop throughout their education journey.
• Use your subject knowledge and passion for teaching to help students become enthusiastic about learning and studying.
• Shape a young person’s future and the career path they eventually choose.
• Enjoy a starting salary of £30,000.
• Experience job security, as teaching is a job for life.
Our 10-month courses towards Qualified Teacher Status provide personalised programmes with placements chosen to meet your needs. The training is based in exceptional schools across our partnership, working with outstanding practitioners. The most recent Ofsted Inspection noted that our trainees speak highly of their training and our newly qualified teachers are well prepared for their first teaching post. Headteachers work with us to deliver our training and speak highly of our trainees: "I've been really impressed with the calibre of trainees from Exeter Consortium, and we have employed several in the trust." (Current Headteacher).
If you would like to find out more then please get in touch with our friendly team who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
For further information and to apply, please click here: Train to Teach - Exeter Consortium Schools' Alliance - EXETER CONSORTIUM SCHOOLS' ALLIANCE | DEVON
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevonTorridge
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupTeaching - Primary & Early YearsApprenticeships/Training Programmes/Work Experience
- Salary Details
- Job TermTraining / apprenticeship
- Appointment TypeTraining / apprenticeship
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required