SWISCo manages and operates several statutory services on behalf of Torbay Council. These include, waste and recycling, highways fleet and transport, parks and green infrastructure and related support services.
We are looking for a Traffic & Development Manager to ensure delivery of a customer first, performance orientated culture within the business, providing effective day to day operational management of a technical team delivering services including Traffic Engineering, Road Safety Engineering, School Crossing Patrols, Street Works Management, Traffic Systems Management and the management of Highway Services and Agreements relating to New Housing and Commercial Developments. The role will also have responsibility for delivery of operational elements of Torbay Council’s Local Transport Plan.
This role will deliver transformation, ensuring the sustainable delivery of an effective, efficient, and compliant service whilst working within allocated budgets that support the need of the service.
This role is instrumental in the success of our business, so we are looking for someone who has proven track record of effective people management and successful delivery of a customer first service approach. However, if you feel you can meet all the criteria, and also hold a degree along with a professional qualification in Civil Engineering, Highways or Transportation, please refer to the concurrent L Graded Traffic & Development Manager post.
Key requirements of the role include:
• Strong leadership in a customer focused environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Solution focused
• Exceptional personal effectiveness skills and time management
• Effective negotiating skills
• An ability to engage persuasively with customers and staff at all levels
Desirable requirements include:
• Professional Qualification in Civil Engineering, Highways or Transportation (The candidate can be supported to develop and be helped to obtain any qualifications required to progress)
And you will:
• Lead by example
• Engage the workforce
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement
• Analyse problems and implement solutions
• Challenge existing and/or poor practices
If you feel you meet the essential requirements as described in the person specification on the job description, and you have the drive and commitment to succeed, please apply.
For an informal discussion please contact Ian Jones – Head of Highways, Fleet and Transport on 01803 207835.
To apply, please visit http://www.torbay.gov.uk/council/jobs/applying-for-a-job/.
SWISCo is a limited company wholly owned by, and providing services on behalf of, Torbay Council.
- OrganisationTorbay Council
- Work LocationTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManagement & Senior ManagementHighways, Transport & Traffic
- Salary Details
£40,578 - £43,570
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required