Location: Working in areas around Devon, including Exeter, East, South, Mid and North. Travel paid from company base. Remote office working. Company base in Chudleigh.
Hours: A minimum of 2 weekend days per month.
We are currently looking for workers to cover a minimum of 3 Sundays (minimum 4hrs per Sunday) in Bovey Tracey and / or 2 Saturdays (minimum 7.5hrs per Saturday) in Teignmouth per month.
Additional hours available.
Contract type: Zero hours contract. Requests for permanent set weekend hour contracts considered.
The Therapy Tree is a holistic, multidisciplinary, therapeutic service providing both specialist and universal level therapies. We specialise supporting the neurodiverse population, particularly children & young people with complex high needs to include: communication, cognitive, sensory, physical, social & emotional challenges and Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND). Our specialist therapies include: Speech & Language Therapy, Special Yoga, Functional Massage and Complementary Therapies and Therapeutic Enabling (Enabling+).
We support our clients to empower themselves, reaching their potential through immersive support & therapy, positive relationships, personal growth and positive wellbeing. We are an inclusive, trauma informed, pro-neurodiverse therapeutic service and all of our work is underpinned by the social model of disability as well as the therapists neurodiversity collective values and yogic philosophy of yamas. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their needs, should be isolated or denied the opportunity to to fulfil their potential.
Working at The Therapy Tree can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a small passionate team and continue to develop skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment.
Our selection process aims to make sure that the role is right for you and you are right for us. It involves completing an application form, taking part in an interview process and where appropriate visiting one of our services or meeting our service users.
If you would like more information about the role, please contact Ashleigh at email@example.com
About the role:
The Therapy Tree has a great opportunity for passionate and dedicated individuals to join our team as a Therapeutic Support Worker (Therapy Assistant) within our Enabling+ team. Much of your work will take place in the family home or in the local community. The training and skills you require will depend on the children and young people you support with specialist training provided.
As a Therapeutic Support Worker (Therapy Assistant) you will focus on supporting the participation, communication, social, emotional and wellbeing needs of young people with complex high needs to include: communication, cognitive, sensory, physical, social & emotional challenges and Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND). You will be implementing therapeutic recommendations and therapies into daily life as you support access to communication, positive wellbeing, activities of daily living and the community. You will enable young people to live the life they choose: to make choices, to express themselves, to access life experiences and the community as well as increasing communication opportunities and supporting social and emotional development.
Each child and young person has different support needs and skills required; examples of some of these young people are shown below:
• Child with a complex, high need profile, including sensory integration difficulties and uses alternative and augmentative communication including Makaton and symbol based iPad app to communicate. The child is supported at weekends and school holidays to access new life experiences away from the home, increase communication opportunities and generalise functional AAC use across contexts. Family support may also be provided to help family understand their child's evolving needs and learn therapeutic strategies for daily use such as providing an aided language stimulation environment.
• Young person with complex communication, social emotional and mental health needs, including attachment challenges, who requires support to regulate their sensory integration and nervous system for positive wellbeing. The young person may display distressed behaviours that challenge and requires support to maintain self-regulation. The young person is supported by 2 workers to access educational activities, functional communication, community access and activities to support social and emotional development.
• Child with multisensory impairment (deafblind), profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD) including physical difficulties and complex communication needs. The child is supported at weekends to access activities, therapies, family and social networks to promote positive wellbeing. Family support may also be provided to help the family adapt activities / events to meet the child's needs and interests as well as facilitate sibling bonding.
You should have experience working with children and young people who have complex high needs to include: communication, cognitive, sensory, physical, social & emotional challenges and Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND).
Professional development is important to us at The Therapy Tree and so you should have a desire to continue learning and accessing training.
Neurodiverse affirming values and attitudes are essential qualities for working at The Therapy Tree.
Flexibility is needed as working times do vary and will include evenings, weekends and school holidays; we will however provide you with a rota in advance so you can plan your life accordingly.
A full UK driving licence and use of your own vehicle for work purposes (including client transportation), with business insurance, is an essential requirement for this role.
The Therapy Tree is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment are subject to a number of checks including an enhanced DBS check where appropriate.
Please complete the attached application or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application. Your application, CV & personal statement will be used to shortlist candidates; therefore it is very important you complete this thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the job description & person specification document before applying.
If you have information accessibility needs and require a different format please contact email@example.com.
Interview Date: 10th September 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTeignbridgeDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£11.56 per hour
- Job TermCasual
- Appointment TypePart Time
A minimum of 2 weekend days per month
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required