Temp Solutions is the temporary staffing bank run by Devon County Council, supplying temporary staff to Council departments and other third-party public/voluntary sector organisations.
If you're a flexible and motivated individual looking to make a difference in the lives of Devon's people then we want to hear from you! Working with Temp Solutions gives you access to a diverse range of placements and the opportunity to have some flexibility in your work/life balance.
The role that we have on offer is based in our Communities, Public Health & Environment team.
Job Purpose including main duties and responsibilities:
DCC is implementing a review of its Crisis Management arrangements and implementing a new Disaster Emergency Management System. We require a Programme Manager to support the design and initial implementation phases of the project and to work with internal stakeholders to coordinate and design the governance, policy and practice arrangements. You will need to be a systems thinker, with an eye to detail and bring experience of similar change project or programme implementation. A knowledge of Emergency Planning would be extremely helpful and excellent partnership and communication skills essential.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Support to the Strategic and Tactical Lead Officers to deliver clarity and consistency of approach to this cross-organisation project
- Support the design and delivery of collective systems and processes to assess risk, create a coordinated response and share information and understanding so that targeted training and induction can take place
- Develop internal partnerships and drive task and finish groups to deliver meaningful outcomes and ensure improvements to current practice
- Work with all internal stakeholders to test and learn new ways of working so that we can later grow and scale the approach.
This role may require a DBS disclosure.
we're looking for candidates that have the flexibility to meet the demands of temporary bank work offered within the role. You'll have excellent interpersonal skills, and work hard to deliver a friendly and professional service to customers and colleagues alike regardless of the environment you're working in.
You don't need to have worked in local government before - we're most interested in the skills and experience that you can offer us. Experience within an administrative, clerical or customer service environment is of interest to us, but we're keen to hear from candidates with diverse career backgrounds.
What we can offer you
Working with Temp Solutions offers a great opportunity to try a variety of roles, and potentially explore a new career path that you might never have considered! In return for the vital contribution you make to the delivery of Devon's public services, you'll get:
- Competitive pay in line with local government pay scales
- Up to 28 days paid annual leave per year (pro-rata) - accrued and paid separately from working hours
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme - an attractive, career-average pension
- Access to a variety of temporary placements across the County Council and other organisations
For an informal discussion about this role, please call Amanda Palmer 07970 600954.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Temp Solutions privacy notice
Information about Working for Devon.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupProject & Programme Management
- Salary Details
£33,486 - £37,568 pro rata, per annum
- Job TermCasual
- Appointment TypeFull Time
Full Time - Monday to Friday
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required