30+ hours per week
Is it time to look for a new opportunity? If you're looking to try out a career without the commitment of a permanent contract - Temp Solutions could be the answer for you! We are Devon County Council’s own in-house temporary staffing bank and have access to opportunities across the breadth of the organisation. We supply temporary, casual staff to each service area within the authority including: HR (Human Resources), Finance, Social Care, Highways and more! We also supply external organisations that are either within the public sector, not for profit, or charitable.
If you are a flexible, motivated, and enthusiastic individual looking to upskill or try something new whilst making a difference to lives of people in Devon and can commit to working a minimum of 30 hours per week, then we want to hear from you! Registering with Temp Solutions gives you access to all our temporary work opportunities that can help develop your skills, knowledge, and experience in a variety of industries.
Whilst roles vary, they typically include:
- Administration and business support
- Personal assistant and secretarial services
- Receptionists and customer service advisors
- IT (Information Technology) and project management
- Financial administration and HR (Human Resources)
Although the duration of each vacancy varies depending on service need, typically our placements last for 3 – 12 months. Our aim is to keep our outstanding temps working with us so if we know the placement will be ending, we aim to make contact about other opportunities within the council or with our external customers.
We are looking for applicants that have the flexibility to meet the demands of temporary bank work. You will have excellent interpersonal skills, and work hard to deliver a professional customer experience to all.
Experience of working in Local Government would be beneficial, but is not required – we’re more interested in the wider skills and experience you can offer us!
Administrative experience within a customer service environment is desirable but we welcome applications from individuals with diverse career backgrounds
What we can offer you
Working for Devon County Council’s Temp Bank offers a fantastic opportunity to try a variety of roles, and potentially explore a new career path that you might never have considered! In return for your vital contribution to the delivery of Devon's public services, you will receive:
- Competitive pay in line with local government pay scales
- Up to 28 days paid annual leave per year (pro-rata) - accrued and paid separately from working hours
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme - an attractive, career-average pension
- Access to a variety of temporary opportunities across the County Council and other partner organisations
For an informal discussion about joining us, please call 01392 383000 and ask for Temp Solutions.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationDevon
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
Between £11 and £16 per hour dependant on role
- Job TermCasual
- Appointment TypeCasual
30+ hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required