We are recruiting for the position of Team Supervisor to assist in the day-to-day management of our Accounts Payable Team, this team sits within the Finance and Public Value function.
This role is responsible for overseeing the Council’s Purchase to Payment system, which is the process of matching invoices to purchase orders so they can be paid in our Finance system. You will lead a busy team that is dealing with a high volume of invoices and queries on a daily basis.
Experience of working in Accounts Payable and being able to have difficult conversations with internal and external customers are key skills required for this role. Along with a positive attitude to problem solving and working to tight timescales.
We offer 25 days holiday (inclusive of two extra statutory days and a technology day), flexible hours, options for condensed hours, hybrid working (a balance of home & office working) and opportunities to develop career paths, including training and development. We also provide a generous defined benefit pension (with the County Council contributing 17%).
This is an extremely exciting time to join Finance & Public Value, as we invest in the service to implement new ways of working, including digital technologies, to meet increasing and changing demands.
If you would like an informal chat about the role, then please contact Keith Beeks on 01392 380236 (up to 29th July) or Adrian Evans on 01392 382453 (1st to 9th August).
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupFinance & Accounting
- Salary Details
£24,432 - £27,514 per annum (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required