Team Manager DoLs Service (Ref. 4897)
- Multiple Terms
- £40,478 - £44,539 per annum pro rata
Due to the retirement of the existing post holders we are looking for Team Managers to join the central Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) Service.
We have 2 roles available, one at 37 hours per week and the other at 29.6 hours per week, however we will consider flexibility with these hours.
The DoLS Service manages Devon County Councils statutory responsibilities in relation to the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards. This includes arranging the required professional assessments, dealing with any challenges or complaints as well as managing increasing numbers of legal challenges to The Court of Protection for individuals where there is an objection to any Standard Authorisation.
About the Role:
The post holder will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the service, including workflow and referral management and the line management of staff members. The group of staff will encompass health and social care professionals who are approved Best Interests Assessors as well as the Service Support Manager and team of DoLS Administrators.
You must be a registered Social Worker, Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist or a Chartered Psychologist and will have successfully completed your specialist Best Interests Assessor training.
You will need to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act, the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards, current case law and the interface with other relevant legal frameworks.
The legal implications of decisions made by the post holder can have a significant impact for the Service user, their families/carers as well as for the organisation. To this end the post holder is required to engage with the County Solicitor (and other professionals) to ensure that team practice meets current legal requirements – or where this is not clear they are required to help facilitate application(s) to the Court of Protection.
The Post Holder is expected to promote the principles of the Mental Capacity Act by active engagement with professionals, the voluntary sector, and care providers, by offering advice and support and through the development and delivery of training.
Good communication across all mediums (electronic, written, verbal) is essential with an ability to take account of the audience that is receiving the information. This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development, doing all we can to help you to get the most from your career. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 26 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 31 days after 5 years’ service.
- Flexible working opportunitiesare available, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as a Team Manager has never been more attractive.
- If you are looking to make the move to Devon, subject to qualifying conditions, relocation support of up to £10,000, may be available.
- Visa sponsorshipmay also be offered as part of the relocation support package, terms and conditions apply.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a supportive and dynamic team and increase your management skills as well as developing your applied knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
We will also consider applications for this opportunity on a secondment basis up to 12 months. Please confirm agreement from your manager before applying.
For an informal discussion please contact Sandra Geary 07854 087905 or Jen Brooks 07790 342037.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & HealthManagement & Senior Management
- Salary Details
£40,478 - £44,539 per annum pro rata
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeVariable HoursPart Time
Up to 37 Hours Per Week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required