Team Manager - Honiton, Ottery St Mary and Cranbrook CHSCT (Ref.4603)
- Multiple Terms
- £40,478 - £44,539 per annum pro rata
Full Time and Part Time Opportunities Available
Are you looking to advance your current management and leadership skills and experience?
Are you skilled to make our services even better through insightful leadership, credibility and empowering skills?
We are looking for someone to lead and develop our Adult Social Care Team, broadening your knowledge of health and social care, building on your current expertise in leadership and management. We are investing & increasing the Team manager capacity within the team, seeking to recruit two new Team Mangers (1.6 WTE). While working closely together, successful candidates will be invited to focus and lead our work for Older people or Adults of working age.
Your operational management and advanced Social Care skills will be utilised to support the effective day to day running of our busy Social Care Team, you will work closely with the Community Services Manager (CSM) and the broader integrated community Health team. The Social Care Team comprises of enthusiastic, registered (SW/OT) and skilled unregistered staff.
Our Social Care team forms part of the integrated health and social care team comprising of Urgent Community Response, Community Nursing, Therapy and Dementia Specialist team.
We are requiring a registered Professional (SW/OT) with experience of working within integrated community services, an awareness of the integration agenda and current drivers within community health and social care. You will be able to demonstrate operational management experience on which you wish to build, together with advanced skills in emotional intelligence – with the ability to understand people, motivate and work alongside to deliver an effective and timely service with well trained, prepared and happy staff. You will be effective in empowering your team and promoting innovative ways of working and seek opportunities “outside the box”.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development, doing all we can to help you to get the most from your career. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Flexible working opportunitiesare available, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as a Team Manager has never been more attractive.
- If you are looking to make the move to Devon, subject to qualifying conditions, relocation support of up to £10,000, may be available.
If you believe you meet the specification and would like to discuss this opportunity, we would be keen to hear from you; please email or call Community Service Manager, Stephen Spratling (email@example.com mob 07983 347838 ) for an informal discussion.
Please note have equivalent 1.6 Whole Time Equivalent (WTE) Team manager hours and we are open to discussion about how hours are filled through the week to meet the needs of the service and personal preferences of the right candidates.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & HealthManagement & Senior Management
- Salary Details
£40,478 - £44,539 per annum pro rata
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeVariable HoursPart Time
Up to 37 Hours Per Week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required