An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time Team Manager position in the Exeter Central and East Community Health and Social Care Team
Exeter Central and East Adult Social Care is city central team and we are comprised of a team of colleagues from a range of professional backgrounds including Social Work, Occupational Therapy and non-professionally qualified staff. We have a diverse demographic and the team supports work with adults of working age with a physical and/ or learning disability including transition to adulthood, older persons with physical disabilities and/ or mental health, including dementia, and carers.
The wide range of skills, experience and inter-professional approach allows the sharing of skills to ensure the team can work flexibly and constructively to support individuals and carers. We aim to deliver an asset-based service, promoting and improving independence.
We have a really strong team spirit; we work to support each other across the team and work collaboratively with our heath colleagues. We are passionate about supporting our colleagues to progress their professional and career development.
The Team Manager role is a great opportunity for someone who wishes to further develop their skills, knowledge, and experience in management within the adult health and social care sector.
The Team Manager role has key responsibilities including line management and supervision of multi-disciplinary practitioners and management of workload, resources, and budget for the service. The Team Manager role is challenging, and the successful candidate will be expected to manage competing demands and various work streams, often under pressure.
The role will require you to manage a team of practitioners who undertake varied caseloads which include care and support needs assessments, moving and handling assessments, mental capacity assessments, management of risk, safeguarding enquiries and court work. You will supervise practitioners and support them to promote independence and apply an asset-based approach which seeks to optimise opportunities for people to reduce and delay their need for formal care and support. You will have experience in safeguarding adults as the Team Manager will lead safeguarding enquiries in accordance with organisational policy and guidance.
The successful candidate will be supported by the Community Services Manager and work alongside the Exeter Central and East locality leads to promote best outcomes for adults within the community.
Devon County Council has a flexible working policy. Currently a combination of office based and home working arrangements are in place, in line with Devon County Council guidance. You will need to be able to drive and have access to transport.
You will be registered with Social Work England/HCPC as a Social Worker or Occupational Therapist, holding the required qualification and having completed the requirements of post-qualifying learning (for example the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment or preceptorship). You will evidence your experience gained from your previous professional roles and their relevance to this post.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development, doing all we can to help you to get the most from your career. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 26 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 31 days after 5 years’ service.
- Flexible working opportunities are available, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as a Team Manager has never been more attractive.
- If you are looking to make the move to Devon, subject to qualifying conditions, relocation support of up to £10,000, may be available.
- Visa sponsorship may also be offered as part of the relocation support package, terms and conditions apply.
If you have any queries, please contact Chris Cruise Health and Social Care Community Services Manager firstname.lastname@example.org / 07792 566720
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterEast DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & HealthManagement & Senior Management
- Salary Details
£40,478 - £44,539 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 Hours Per Week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required