Are you self-motivated, enthusiastic, empathetic and able to manage a team?
If so we have the role for you, joining the Traffic Management Group in the role of Team Manager for the Civil Parking Enforcement Service. The role is based at our Ryefields office in Kingsteignton.
If you have a background of managing a team, whether it is in retail, manufacturing or local government, you have the skills we need. Your day to day role will be the management and direction of a team to deliver an excellent frontline service. You will use feedback from the team and customers to identify areas for improvement and use established training and coaching tools to ensure staff are equipped to do their job. Your background will allow you to communicate effectively with the public, deal with competing priorities, and direct resource to where it is most needed to keep our highway network running smoothly.
The team will be directed to provide high quality parking enforcement to ensure safety, compliance and expeditious movement of traffic in-line with County Policy and the Traffic Management Act 2004. The team also delivers enforcement services to off-street locations for both internal and third party clients. The service has continuously sought improvement and efficiencies in how officers are deployed to meet the needs of our communities and the post holder will help lead this.
A working knowledge of emerging technology, legislation and guidance would be desirable but having strong people management skills is an essential.
Working for Devon County Council has all the benefits that you would expect from a large employer. In return for the vital contribution that you make, here are some of the benefits:
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising with length of service) plus Bank Holidays
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme - more information can be found on the Peninsula Pensions website
- Access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme – available 24/7 to support you with personal and work life
- Discounts from local and high street retailers through the Devon Discounts scheme
Please contact either Jamie Fitzpatrick (Team Manager - CPE Central) 01392 385049 or Sarah Reece (Operations Manager) 01392 385045 for an informal discussion about the role.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationTeignbridgeDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupHighways, Transport & Traffic
- Salary Details
£29,174 - £32,798 per annum (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required