Team Manager - Autism & ADHD Team (Ref.4781)
- Full Time
- £40,478 - £44,539 per annum
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated leader who has a commitment to improving the care and support for the people we serve.
You should have management experience in social care, with a high degree of emotional intelligence, clarity of thought and curiosity.
You will have good working knowledge of legislation, including the Mental Capacity Act, Care Act, Mental Health Act and associated policies.
You will work alongside another Team Manager to line manage Experienced Social Workers and Social Care Assessors , as well as oversee the day-to-day work of the whole team.
The role is varied, working with colleagues across Education, Criminal Justice, Health and Social Care. The role will require you to manage high risk cases and a complex team caseload.
You will be responsible for Safeguarding and incident management, as well as working in court. This is an exciting role, which offers variety in a multi-disciplinary context. An opportunity to develop a team alongside established colleagues.
The current vacancy is with the Autism & ADHD Team although there are opportunities for working across teams in the countywide and disability services. We are building a strong and supportive management team, working together across different teams.
As a Team Manager you will provide:
Excellent leadership to ensure the delivery of Social Care outcomes through the provision of effective line management, comprehensive supervision and casework monitoring
Effective communication skills as you work in partnership with statutory and voluntary sector organisations
Commitment to involving service users and carers in the delivery of a high quality and equitable service
You will need to demonstrate that you possess these core competences to underpin achieving excellent practice and performance.
You will have excellent knowledge of health and social care.
You will be registered with Social Work England/HCPC as a Social Worker or Occupational Therapist, holding the required qualification and having completed the requirements of post-qualifying learning (for example the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment or preceptorship). You will evidence your experience gained from your previous professional roles and their relevance to this post.
Significant experience as a Practitioner in Social Care or a closely related are of work is required, across different roles or working in different teams.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development, doing all we can to help you to get the most from your career. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 26 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 31 days after 5 years’ service.
- Flexible working opportunitiesare available, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as a Team Manager has never been more attractive.
- If you are looking to make the move to Devon, subject to qualifying conditions, relocation support of up to £10,000, may be available.
- Visa sponsorshipmay also be offered as part of the relocation support package, terms and conditions apply.
If you have the qualities to bring to this role or would like to ask any questions, we would very much like to hear from you.
For further details about please contact Claire Richards on 01392 383616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & HealthManagement & Senior Management
- Salary Details
£40,478 - £44,539 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 Hours Per Week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required