We are looking for a Team Manager to join our Adult health and Social Care Team in Exeter
The Exeter Central and East Adult Social Care team is based in Exeter and we are comprised of a team of colleagues from a range of professional backgrounds including Social Work, Occupational Therapy and non-professionally qualified staff.
We have a diverse demographic and the team supports work with adults of working age with a physical and/ or learning disability including transition to adulthood, older persons with physical disabilities and/ or mental health, including dementia, and carers.
The wide range of skills, experience and inter-professional approach allows the sharing of skills to ensure the team can work flexibly and constructively to support individuals and carers. We aim to deliver a strength-based service, promoting and improving independence, ensuring comprehensive person-centred assessments, reviews and interventions, completing court work, leading on safeguarding whilst managing difficult conversations to balance a person’s choice within the legal framework and policies.
We have a really strong team spirit; we work to support each other across the team and work collaboratively with our heath colleagues. We are passionate about supporting our colleagues to progress their professional and career development.
If you are a qualified in Social Work or Occupational Therapy and currently registered with the appriopriate governing body, who has appropriate experience, a proven track record, feel you have the right skills and would like the opportunity to be part of our Exeter Community Adult Social Care service, then we’d love to hear from you.
You will also need demonstrate,
- Experience of supervising and managing staff / student placements
- Experience of providing on the job training, coaching and mentoring
- Substantial post-qualifying experience in Social Work or Occupational Therapy
- Proven competency as an experienced professional within a Local Authority
- In-depth knowledge of relevant legislation of your specialist role, including a knowledge of wider Social Care legislation including the Care Act and The Mental Capacity Act.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development, doing all we can to help you excel in your career and with new and exciting opportunities for career development. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Flexible working opportunities are available, these include flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as a Social Work Team Manager has never been more attractive. If you need to make the move to Devon, relocation support may be available.
If you have any queries, please contact Kayleigh Bradford Health and Social Care Community Services Manager firstname.lastname@example.org/ 07816956274
Please note Devon County Council is not currently offering VISA sponsorship for this role. We will only consider applicants with valid Right to Work in the UK.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£38,553 - £42,614 per annum (pending the 2022/23 pay award).
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 Hours Per Week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required