INTERNAL ONLY (DCC Employees Only)
The Revenue and Payments Team is responsible for a range of functions in respect of council wide services, including Cashiering, Payments, Income Collection, Income Processing & Bank Reconciliation, Debt Recovery & Debt Management.
The team are responsible for ensuring that invoices are paid promptly and for undertaking debt management processes where appropriate.
This is a 12-month fixed term post to cover the Credit Management Team Leader role, with the possibility of a further extension.
The Job description cover the general responsibilities and person specification of an R&P Team leader, but this post has a particular focus on:
- Ensure that Debt Management processes and procedures are followed.
- Overseeing the recovery and reporting of the Council’s debt position.
- Effectively deal with contentious issues either face to face or over the phone, some customers can be verbally aggressive, abusive and threatening. These customers require a greater degree of expertise and decision making.
- Undertake appraisals, identify strengths and weaknesses and performance management, to include all aspects for training and development.
- Aid in the development and implementation of new procedures and recovery methods in a changing team environment.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills, especially dealing with difficult reactions over the phone.
- Confidence to make change to existing processes based on what provides the greatest benefit to DCC from a Value Added perspective.
- Experience working in a financial environment, preferably with some form of experience in either invoicing or receipting.
- Experience dealing with the late payment of invoices and the recovery of aged corporate debt (preferable).
For more information or to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact Barnaby Lovell.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.