Required to start as soon as possible.
We are looking to recruit a Team Leader to join our night team at Robins, our 10 bed Residential & Respite Home.
About the Role
Our Team Leaders assist and support the Registered Manager and Deputy Manager in providing effective day-to-day management of Lifeworks Robins provision by delivering the very best short breaks and residential services for children and young people with learning disabilities and/or complex needs.
Children and young people with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do, and we want every person we support to have a great life, with excellent outcomes. As part of that, you will be joining our team of staff who are committed to looking after the children and young people who both live and visit our residential and respite setting.
As a full-time nights Team Leader, your shifts will either be 9.15pm - 9.15am (these take place during term-time and Saturdays), or 8pm - 8am (these take place during school holidays), with a working pattern of 3 nights on, 3 nights off.
Based in South Devon, Lifeworks provide high-quality short breaks and residential care, community-based programmes and specialist further education to children, young people and adults with learning disabilities. At Lifeworks, we believe in the rights of all individuals with a learning disability, however complex, to receive the services and support they need to develop the skills and confidence to reach their full potential.
Lifeworks is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and they expect all staff to share this commitment. For this post, pre-employment checks will be carried out, references will be sought, and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Interested in joining us? You will need to have:
• A Diploma at Level 3 in Children and Young People and/or extensive experience in a similar Team Leader/Senior role;
• Other professional, childcare and/or social care management if above not held;
• Knowledge of the needs of learning-disabled children and young people and best practices;
• Level 2 or above in Safeguarding Children Training;
• Knowledge of Children Homes Regulations/Ofsted Inspection framework.
In return, we would like to support you in making care work your career, offering you an extensive induction on commencement of employment and an amazing array of training opportunities. We will also work with you on your own individual development plan to help you to progress your career.
We are a well-established charity that provides an excellent range of staff benefits:
• 28 days’ annual leave (including bank holidays), increasing with service;
• Annual incremental pay rises (within grade);
• Pension and Life Assurance (T&Cs apply);
• Employee Assistance Scheme;
• Retail/High Street shopping discounts (Charity Workers Discounts);
• Fully funded Enhanced DBS & Update Service;
• Refer a Friend bonus scheme (T&Cs apply);
• Comprehensive induction and training programs.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to encouraging applications from applicants who declare they have a disability, provided they meet the minimum job criteria as specified in the person specification, by offering a guaranteed interview.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationSouth HamsDevon
- Work Postcode
Shinner’s Bridge, Dartington
- Occupational GroupChildcareSocial Care & HealthManagement & Senior Management
- Salary Details
£28,246.40 - £31,324.80 (inclusive of night premium)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
40 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required