We are seeking an enthusiastic, committed, patient and motivated person with a passion for working with young children and the flexibility to respond to the demands of a busy school environment to join our team from September 2022. This exciting opportunity has arisen due to a temporary increase in workload for the forthcoming academic year.
You will be a team player and will work within the Moorsway Federation Support Staff team, providing support to the class teacher in:
• Providing help with learning tasks;
• Feeding back to the teacher on progress made;
• Encouraging students to take responsibility for their own learning and self-care;
• Promoting development of self-esteem;
• Supporting children to lead a healthy, active life;
• Implementing literacy/numeracy programmes and intervention groups.
As a member of the Mealtime Assistant team, you will support the children to ensure their safety as well as promoting the good behaviour of children in all areas of the school, including classrooms, the playground and the dining room. You will ensure that, during a wet lunchtime break, children are supervised in the school building and a calm, purposeful atmosphere is maintained, with children engaged in appropriate activities.
You are required to possess the following attributes:
• A good standard of English and Maths;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Be good at both taking direction and using your own initiative;
• Patience, positivity and be committed to inclusion and enthusiastic about learning;
• Commitment to ensure the very best for our pupils;
• The ability to support colleagues, use positive behaviour management strategies and ensure the school continues its excellent provision for all pupils.
We are proud of our wonderful children and our beautiful spacious site that we use for sports and outdoor learning. We offer a friendly and welcoming team of staff and a supportive leadership team, with well organised systems for behaviour and curriculum.
If you are interested but would like to discuss this role, or to arrange a visit to the school, please contact Mrs Baker, Assistant Executive Head, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Please download the application form below and, once completed, return to email@example.com.
Interview Date: 12 July 2022
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationSouth HamsDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
TA: from £9.99 per hour, MTA: from £9.60 per hour
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
TA: 26.25 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum, MTA: 5 hours per week, 38 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required