Teaching Assistant/Mealtime Assistant - Cornwood C of E Primary School (Moorsway Federation)
- Multiple Locations
- Multiple Terms
- TA from £11.18 per hour; MTA from £10.60 per hour
We are seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic, self-motivated colleague to join our team at Cornwood Primary School! You must have a passion for working with young children and the flexibility to respond to the demands of a busy school environment, with the ability to think on your feet and be creative. This role will initially be based within an EYFS/Y1 class. Your duties will include providing support to the Class Teacher, within both the classroom and outdoor environments.
The successful candidate will be a team player and will work within the Moorsway Federation Support Staff team, providing support to the Class Teacher in:
● Moving children’s learning forward through high quality interactions
● Providing help with learning tasks
● Feeding back to the teacher on progress made
● Encouraging students to take responsibility for their own learning and self-care
● Promoting development of self-esteem.
● Supporting children to lead a healthy, active life
● Implementing literacy/numeracy programmes and intervention groups
As a member of the Mealtime Assistant team, your duties will include ensuring pupil safety, as well as promoting the good behaviour of children in all areas of the school, including classrooms, the playground and the dining room. You will ensure that during a wet lunchtime break, children are supervised in the school building and a calm, purposeful atmosphere is maintained, with children engaged in appropriate activities.
Candidates are required to possess the following attributes:
- A good standard of English and Maths
- Excellent communication skills
- Be good at both taking direction and using your own initiative
- Patience, positivity and be committed to inclusion
- Commitment to ensure the very best for our pupils
- The ability to support colleagues, use positive behaviour management strategies and ensure the school continues its excellent provision for all pupils.
We are proud of our wonderful children and our beautiful spacious site that we use for sports and outdoor learning. We offer a friendly and welcoming team of staff and a supportive leadership team, with well organised systems for behaviour and curriculum.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
All references and factual information will be checked.
If you are interested in finding out more or to arrange a visit, please contact the School office on 01752 837375 or by email to email@example.com
Your completed application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on the closing date.
Interview Date: 4th July 2023
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationSouth HamsDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
TA from £11.18 per hour; MTA from £10.60 per hour
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
TA: 16.25 hours per week (Monday - Friday 9.45am - 12pm), 39 weeks per annum; MTA: 5 hours (Monday - Friday 12pm - 1pm), 38 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required