We are a vibrant, forward thinking primary school in the heart of Exeter City Centre, currently in a managed partnership with St Christopher's Church of England Multi Academy Trust and currently due to academise on 1 October 2022. Our values and ethos underpin our operations and we are committed to providing the best possible outcomes for all pupils in our school community. An opportunity has become available for a 1:1 specialist Teaching Assistant to work in our staff team.
You will enjoy working with children who have additional needs on a 1:1 basis and have transferable experience of working in this area. Duties will involve supporting the teaching and learning of the Primary Phase Curriculum for a pupil with particular educational needs and also supporting the lunchtime provision.
We are looking for experienced applicants who will:
• Be enthusiastic about providing a secure, fun and happy experience for children;
• Be motivated to provide the very best learning opportunities which are inclusive for all children and committed to professional development and training within their role;
• Be trained in Safeguarding, Paediatric First Aid and Food Hygiene training upon commencing employment with the school;
• Have an inclusive and caring approach to working with children in the primary age group;
• Support the enabling of an effective provision for any child who attends the setting with additional learning and/or medical needs as required;
• Enjoy working as part of a team;
• Wish to support the caring Christian ethos of the school.
We can offer you:
• A wonderful opportunity to be part of a team and further develop our successful school;
• An opportunity to make a difference to the lives of children who need further support, to access the curriculum adequately;
• The support of an established team;
• Local Authority pension contribution;
• A commitment to your continued professional development, through a range of training opportunities.
Applicants should be aware that St Sidwell's C of E VA Primary School is currently part way through a process to academise and join St Christopher's C of E Primary Multi Academy Trust on 1 October 2022. Any appointed individual will employed by St Christopher's from this date.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
An application form and job description are available from www.st-sidwells-ce.devon.sch.uk.
Your completed application form should be returned to the Human Resources team for St Christopher's Multi Academy Trust by emailing email@example.com.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£14,554 per annum (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
32.5 hours per week (8.30am - 3.30pm, Monday - Friday), 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required