Location: Shakespeare Avenue, Taunton, Somerset TA12JA
We require a Teaching Assistant to work in our Autism Centre at Holway Park Primary School.
We are looking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to support teaching, learning and personal development in the ASC Centre. The post will be full days, Monday to Friday, 8.40am until 3.25pm.
This role is ideal for those who genuinely have a passion for helping children, particularly with learning difficulties, and also a fantastic opportunity for those considering a career in teaching to gain valuable first-hand experience. Candidates who are appointed will receive full support and training from colleagues and teachers.
The successful candidate ideally will:
• Be positive, approachable, flexible and work effectively in a team.
• Be patient and supportive of children with autism whilst also having high expectations for them.
• Have a good standard of English and Maths and a sound understanding of ICT.
Although not essential it would be desirable that the candidate will:
• Have previous experience of working with children in an educational setting.
• Be experienced working in both key stage 1 and 2.
Holway Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS and all relevant pre-employment checks.
If you wish to discuss this role please email the Headteacher who will arrange a time to either meet with you or chat on the phone.
To apply please visit Home | Holway Park Community Primary School
Application by SCC Application forms ONLY, NO CVs, should be sent to the Headteacher via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationSomersetOutside Devon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
Grade 15 point 3: £10.79 per hour
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
31.25 hours per week (Monday - Friday 8.40am - 3.25pm) 38 weeks per year (term time) plus 3 INSET days per year
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required