Required to start immediately (subject to pre-employment checks). This post is on a temporary contract linked to SEND funding.
Sticklepath Community Primary Academy is a partner school of the Tarka Learning Partnership based in North Devon.
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated Teaching Assistant to join our hardworking and dedicated classroom support team. You will be required to carry out a range of teaching and learning activities including assessment and planning, preparing resources, setting up and managing the learning environment and maintaining pupil records.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is able to build strong appropriate relationships with children, parents and staff;
• Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work well as part of a team;
• Is strongly committed to improving outcomes for all children but especially the most vulnerable in our community;
• Is committed to our Growth Mindset ethos and their own personal journey as a learner;
• Has secure literacy and numeracy skills, ideally at GCSE Grade C or above which includes English and Maths;
• Has NVQ Level 2 or relevant experience.
Experience of Thrive, Autism and Wave 3 Reading would be beneficial, but training will be provided.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, receipt of satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS with Children’s barred list clearance.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please download the application form below and, once completed, return by email to email@example.com.
Interview Date: to be confirmed
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
Grade C SCP 4-6 (starting at £19,843 per annum pro rata)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
22 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum (term-time plus non-pupil days)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required