Teaching Assistant - St Catherine’s C of E Primary School (An Daras Multi Academy Trust)
- Variable Hours
- £20,258 pro rata, per annum
St Catherine’s C of E Primary School are recruiting for an outstanding Teaching Assistant.
Experience of working with children and the relevant qualifications are preferable. The role will involve working as a class teaching assistant, some, 1:1 to support individual pupils, supporting the teacher generally and supervision over break and lunch. Additional hours may be available to cover extended school sessions, summer holiday clubs.
If you have any questions about the role please e-mail the school on firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will:
• Assist individuals and groups of children in developing knowledge, skills and attitudes as defined by the Curriculum. To consider the learning support involved to aid the children to learn as effectively as possible.
• To establish supportive relationships with the pupil/s concerned and to encourage acceptance and inclusion of all pupils.
• To encourage social integration and individual development of pupils. To develop methods of promoting and reinforcing pupils’ self-esteem.
• To assist in preparing, using and maintaining relevant teaching resources, including wall displays and cleaning up classrooms after activities. To ensure that basic classroom materials are available for use.
A full job description and application form can be found attached to this advertisement.
An Daras Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is also fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All employees and volunteers must share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to the satisfactory completion of safer recruitment checks and references including an enhanced DBS check. Right to Work in the UK and qualifications will also be checked.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013 and 2020). This means that certain convictions and cautions are considered ‘protected’ and do not need to be disclosed to employers and, if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website:
Your completed application form should be returned to: email@example.com
Please apply by midnight on the closing date.
Interview Date: 26 June 2023.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationCornwall
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£20,258 pro rata, per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeVariable Hours
28.75 hours per week (Monday - Friday) 38 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required