Pilton Infants’ School are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Teaching Assistant to join our dedicated, friendly and supportive team from 1 September 2022. This position will initially be for one year, due to the support needed for Special Needs Provision. The role will primarily involve supporting children in our Reception classes including those with medical, behavioural and toileting needs. Previous experience of working in an infant or primary school or similar setting is desirable.
You will be someone who:
- Can understand and attune to the needs of pupils, some with SEND;
- Can work with individuals, small groups and whole classes;
- Has a good understanding of how to engage and communicate effectively with all pupils;
- Is patient, kind and understanding;
- Has a positive ‘can do’ attitude and is able to use their initiative;
- Has excellent communication skills and is a team player;
- Has high expectations of themselves and those they are supporting;
- Promotes independence and high standards.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Please download the application form below and, once completed, return to email@example.com.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
Interview Date: 12 July 2022
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£9.99 per hour
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
26.25 hours per week, 38 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required