Heathcoat Primary School is a two-form entry primary school for pupils from nursery to Year 6, situated in the town of Tiverton. We are part of the Tiverton Federation of Schools which includes Tiverton High School and Rackenford Primary School.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspirational Teaching Assistant to start as soon as possible, to work in KS1. You will be based at Heathcoat Primary School. The successful candidate will be passionate about learning and be keen to engage with, inspire and support children to achieve their best.
We are looking for someone who:
- is patient, calm, cheerful and kind
- can ‘think on their feet’ but can also follow procedures and processes rigorously, as required
- has high expectations for all children and is rewarded by their successes and progress
- has an inclusive approach, and is passionate about motivating, supporting and challenging all children (especially those with additional needs)
- has knowledge and experience of teaching Read, Write, Inc
- is keen to work effectively and collaboratively within our hardworking, talented and friendly team.
In addition, you might already have:
- experience of working in a school setting with children with additional needs
- a clear understanding of safeguarding procedures and a strong desire to keep children safe.
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to ‘make a difference’ every day
- a rewarding, fulfilling and stimulating career
- term-time only hours
- full training in all aspects of the role.
This post is temporary linked to funding.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
For further details please contact the office on 01884 252445 and ask to speak to one of the SEND team.
Please return your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on the closing date.
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationMid DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£10.60 - £10.79 per hour
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
21 hours per week, 38 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required