Location: Newton Abbot
Required to start as soon as possible.
About the role
We are looking to appoint an outstanding, dynamic Teaching Assistant. Our ideal candidate will have excellent teamwork and communication skills, boundless patience and resilience and the ability and enthusiasm to make a difference with pupils who have a range of SEND needs. For a full list of duties, please see the job description.
Glendinning Academy is part of Wave Multi Academy Trust and is located in Newton Abbot in Devon. It caters for pupils that are working at or around age equivalent expectations and have a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum condition (ASC), anxiety or Speech Language and Communication Needs (SLCN).
We are looking for someone who embodies Wave Trust's values; someone who has diverse experience, as well as a passion for working with young people with additional needs.
The curriculum largely follows the National Curriculum, and currently is taught through the medium of the International Primary Curriculum and the International Middle Years Curriculum, with a focus, where possible of learning outside of the classroom.
Work with Wave: What’s in it for you?
Employee Assistance Programme
Occupational Health Services
Professional Development & Training
Salary depending on experience
Cycle to Work Scheme Tech Scheme
Free Will Writing Benefit
Health & Wellbeing Champion
Company sick pay dependent on service
Free refreshments in workplaces
Wave Trust: What we believe and what we do
Who We Are
Wave are an established and successful Multi Academy Trust, comprising of Alternative Provision Academies (APAs), Medical Academies (including Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust’s child and adolescent mental health unit ‘Sowenna’) and a Special Academy.
We provide education for vulnerable pupils aged 4 – 19 across Devon and Cornwall. The Trust has a national reputation for the delivery of outstanding pupil outcomes including enabling pupils to access the most appropriate education setting and transition to employment, training and higher or further education. The Trust educates over 1000 pupils and employs over 350 members of staff.
We Aim To
• Provide a balanced and broad curriculum that promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils and prepares them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
• Give access to the National Curriculum; provide opportunities for external accreditation, and, for those pupils with specific learning difficulties, effective and personalised programmes.
• Ensure all pupils are supported to develop positive attitudes towards themselves and others. Promoting emotional well-being and self-esteem; helping our pupils to recognise their potential and work positively within their community.
• We will respect all pupils and encourage them to become active participants in their own learning, develop confidence, independence, self-esteem and express their needs and desires.
• Seek effective and positive working relationships with pupils’ families, schools and other agencies.
• Enable effective outcomes for our pupils.
Evidence shows that the values we embody empower young people to succeed; these are the values we are looking for when we recruit new staff or work with new stakeholders.
BE POSITIVE: We value positivity, no matter what the circumstances. It is our intention to stay constructive, optimistic and confident both for and with our young people and their families.
HAVE EMPATHY: We are kind, we have empathy. We consider the consequences of our decisions, large and small on those around us.
SHOW RESPECT: We conduct ourselves in ways that earn the trust of those around us. We respect each other and those we work with.
WORK AS ONE TEAM: We depend on teamwork and the relationships we have. When we work together we are stronger. Together we will achieve more.
BE INCLUSIVE: Everybody is treated fairly and equally; no-one is marginalised or left behind. We are inclusive, we embrace the human spirit. We value diversity of people and thought
Wave is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and Safer Recruitment Procedures will be followed. The position requires a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
For any general questions contact us here or email us at email@example.com
To apply please use our application form available on our website https://www.wavemat.org/vacancies . We may close this vacancy early as we review applications as they are received, to ensure you are considered for this role please do not wait for the deadline to submit your application.
Interview Date: w/c 16th October 2023
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTeignbridgeDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
NJC4 – NJC6: £21,189 - £21,968 per annum pro rata
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
32 hours per week, term time.
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required