We are looking to appoint a HLTA to join our hardworking and committed team to start in January 2023 or soon after.
We are looking to appoint an HLTA who:
- is highly motivated to support children with special needs to make progress and fulfil their potential.
- Has experience of classroom support, preferably working with children who have additional needs
- Has a wider interest in working with children, young people and their parents/carers both inside and outside the classroom
- Has the ability to contribute positively to the overall programme of learning for each student to ensure progression – pupil outcomes are a key focus
You should have:
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy (GCSE Maths and English grade C or equivalent)
- HLTA or learning support qualification welcomed but not essential, or a willingness to undertake appropriate training (support will be provided)
- interest in outdoor learning
- experience or an interest in working within a SEN setting
- a high degree of initiative and sound judgement when working with children and young people
- a focus on learning outcomes for pupils and pupil progression
You will find out more on our website, but we would really like you to come and visit us so we can share more about this very rewarding role. We offer a supportive, encouraging environment that values effort and recognises that it is the learning journey, not just the final destination that is important. Personal and social development is recognised, valued and celebrated as much as academic achievement.
In choosing to work within the Alumnis MAT, you would be well supported and have great opportunities to develop. Our staff work well together within our schools; they are part of MAT wide teams, supporting and encouraging each other to develop and enhance practices.
If you would like to work for a forward thinking Trust that focuses on providing every individual child in our schools with rich, varied and exciting learning opportunities, then we would love to hear from you.
Visits to the schools are welcome and encouraged, please contact the school offices on 01271 883226 to make an appointment.
This post is fixed term until the end of the academic year, linked to pupil premium funding.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Further details and an application form can be downloaded from alumnismat.org/careers
Please send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on the closing date. This post has been advertised on multiple platforms and we reserve the right to interview upon receipt of appropriate applications. Candidates are therefore advised to submit applications at the earliest opportunity.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
Grade E: £13.66 - £15.26 per hour
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull Time
32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required